Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Greatest Geek Moment On Earth

As promised, here is my dorkiest display- EVER! Now, I already shared this gem with Robert, Ken, and Marty. But, the point is I also shared this moment with a stadium full of people…

A few weeks ago I took my daughter to the circus. We were plowing through our cotton candy and popcorn, when the ringmaster directed our attention high above the center ring. He stated, that the trapeze artist would be attempting a quadruple somersault- something that had not been successfully executed in the last 60 years. I should have been honored that my family was in attendance to witness such a great potential achievement. But, instead I rooted- LOUDLY-against the acrobat that was risking himself for our entertainment.

And, why would I be so callous? Well, you see in the comics, my favorite character (and former circus trapeze artist) Dick Grayson is noted as being the only one in the world who can do a quadruple somersault. So, who was this real life, flesh and blood guy to rob that distinction from my pretend paper and ink hero? I then took great joy when the performer failed to nail the maneuver (after seeing that he landed safely in the net bellow). Yes! I shouted with glee, as I basked in the satisfaction that my favorite character’s record remained intact.

A minute later I realized I was one sick pup. Maybe there’s a padded cell for me at Arkham Asylum (wait that’s fake too).

No comments:

Post a Comment