Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I’m Back: Because You Demanded It (er, right…)

After several weeks away, I’m going to be returning to blogging with a vengeance. In this week’s posts alone I will thrill you with:

My all time geekiest moment (and that’s saying something)

Treat you to my never before seen pitch for the Challengers of the Unknown (think Exiles)

Give reviews of this week’s comics, plus reveal my secret comic shame (and no wiseguys its not Aquaman)

So, that’s what you can look forward to in the days (that’s right I said days) ahead. As for why I was gone so long- I could blame it on being emotionally spent after the Lost finale, but the truth is I was not feeling good for a couple weeks. I went to the doctor, and he ran some blood tests. I’ve been getting better, and I was just about fully recovered in time to go with Dom, Ken, Marty, Robert, and Tim (who was nice enough to drive) to Wizard World Philly. While it is safe to say it wasn’t the greatest con I’ve been to, I couldn’t beat the company. Robert spent hundreds on original art. The others dubbed him “the Ghost of Artist Alley”. Despite busting on him for constantly spouting non-sequiturs, I have to give it up to Robert. He really is so genuinely enthused with this hobby we all share. I’m hoping for an even greater time in Baltimore (my favorite con) in just a couple months. And, if Wizard reschedules its NJ con, I hope to see Gary in the Fall.

Plus, an apology (of sorts) to Nick. He foolishly asked me an innocent question about Tom Tresser aka. Nemesis, and I gave him a decades spanning character profile. So, sorry. But, in case you didn’t mind – put a few weeks aside if you want to ask me about the Legion.

Ah, the Legion! It is back in full force. I don’t know who this new kid Paul Levitz is, but I think he has a great future ahead of him. Seriously, the classic Legion scribe proved he can still play ball with the current generation. I absolutely loved both Legion #1, and his debut on Adventure (both of which were the perfect companions to Geoff Johns’ latest runs on the characters). Long Live The Levitz!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment