Friday, February 5, 2010

First Things First

Hi,

John Conlon here! What? Who is John Conlon? Well, I'm a father, husband, writer, and Boston Market fanatic. But, most of all I read comics. Ah, comics. For the last decade, or so, I have been proudly buying my books at Comic Masters in Whitehall, PA. The owner, Harry, is a master of making his customers feel like part of the family. He has been in business for many years, and continues to reward his clients with annual parties (he rents out a local theatre in conjunction with new comic based films), and just about the warmest service you could ask for. Thanks Harry!

That said, the real fun starts on Saturday morning. Saturday morning? Yep, that's right. While everyone else is looking forward to partying that night, my weekly ritual includes meeting up with the gang bright and early in the morning. The gang includes Dom (Harry's right hand man, who balances showing us Youtube videos, Venture Brothers episodes, comics talk, and the uncanny ability to also bag and board), Ken (huge Dr. Who fan, who is always eager to find out about the latest in comics, movies, and TV), Robert (who seeks out original art, stalks Amanda Conner, and prays that Zatanna could magically come to life), and myself (who can babble about Legion of Super-Heroes history till their ears bleed).

This blog is dedicated to our mutual love of comics. To that end I have enlisted them in coming up with various lists regarding every aspect of comics fandom. I'll be putting up the first batch of these soon. This will also be a place to review the comics I have read, and a way for me to post various content I have developed for comics publication (that have sadly never seen print). These include a bunch of pitches and articles.

I invite everyone who loves comics to follow along, and if you are in the Lehigh Valley one Saturday to stop in to Comic Masters. Join in the conversation, it is always spirited...just make sure to buy a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment