Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Putting a Price on a Good Time

I continue to have modem problems, but maybe I can get back on track. More Top 10 lists are coming (one day), but I had to acknowledge a great time I had this weekend. My local comic store, Comic Masters, held an auction. It was a total blast. I hope Harry and his staff reached some kind of financial goal (I really don’t know), but more importantly I hope they know what a great community they’ve put together.

In addition to Dom, Ken, and Robert, I got to have fun bidding on items alongside Marty, Nick, and a host of other customers who share my passion. All of these guys really know their stuff, and it is a pleasure to have an outlet for some fun after a hard week. I must also tip my hat to another of Harry’s staff- Brian. I teased him quite a bit over his love of the GI Joe and Spider-Man 3 films, but he got me back by dissing my boy Aquaman. Brian is a good guy, and we both like Ben Reilly (so I hope he takes my next post with a sense of humor).

Thanks for a good time, and hey if you need trivia questions for your next party I’m here for you (I’ll try to go easy).

No comments:

Post a Comment