Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday Boy

Well today was my birthday! I turned 41. So, I thought I’d post a personal Top Ten List:

John’s Top Ten Things I Love About Life


1) Family- My parents, my wife, and of course my daughter, make me feel richer than Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark combined.

2) Friends- Over the years I have been blessed with many (John Keller, Melissa, Dom, Gary, the Comic Masters Crew). And, a special thanks to Patti for remembering my B-Day!

3) Comics- They have provided me more hours of fun, thought, awe, companionship, and education than any THING else in my life. Many of the actual friends I have made were due to a common love for the medium.

4) Mashed Potatoes and Meat Balls- My favorite foods. Perhaps, not a surprise since I’m Irish and Italian.

5) Coke- My favorite beverage. Not a day goes by without me swigging down a 2 liter.

6) Star Trek- TV or Movies…Captain Kirk Rocks! Plus, DS9, Wrath of Khan, JJ Abrams remake, heck you name it!

7) Superman: The Movie- The greatest film of all time, and seeing it in the theatre is my single favorite childhood memory.

8) Tom Seaver- I’ve always been a Mets fan, and he is the single greatest Met of all! The only cool thing about turning 41, was that was his (retired) number was #41. My birthday gift was a Tom Seaver 41 jersey from my wife.

9) Roger Staubach and The Triplets- The Dallas Cowboys are my NFL team of choice. Particularly, the 70s and 90s eras. The Triplets (for those unaware) were Troy Aikman, Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin.

10) Country Music- The Aquaman of musical genres, but I don’t care!

1 comment: